- Searching for Single detached homes only, will not return multi unit homes.
- Single detached homes may be searched for by their 9-digit Parcel Identification number (PID). The PID is always the most accurate search method if you have it.
- Avoid abbreviations or road types: "1234 Main" not: "1234 Main Rd." or "1234 Main Road".
- Numbered streets: "1230 4 Street" not: "1230 4th Street" and not: "1230 Fourth Street".
- Please note that only new homes registered with the HPO after November 19, 2007 are searchable on this registry. (Homes are normally registered with the HPO prior to the start of construction.)
Understanding your Search Results
Registered with home warranty insurance
Home was or is in the process of being built by a Licensed Residential Builder and is covered by home warranty insurance as required by legislation in B.C. The New Homes Registry provides the name of the builder or developer of record and the contact information of the warranty provider should you wish to confirm details.
Home was or is in the process of being built by an individual under an Owner Builder Authorization issued by the HPO. This Authorization allows the individual to build a home for their own personal use without being licensed or arranging for home warranty insurance. Owner builders and prospective purchasers should fully understand their rights and obligations when buying or selling an owner-built home. The New Homes Registry indicates whether conditions have been met that would allow an owner builder to sell the home.
Rental only exemption - no home warranty insurance
Multi-unit building or complex built for rental purposes for at least a 10-year period. A covenant on the land title restricts any individual units from being sold for 10 years after first occupancy of the first unit in the building, although the building may be sold as a whole.
Withdrawn from warranty
Construction of the home was commenced with home warranty insurance arranged by the Licensed Residential Builder, but the warranty insurance has been withdrawn, which can happen for a variety of reasons. The Licensed Residential Builder may be in the process of re-enrolling the building in home warranty insurance. In this case construction may not re-commence, or the building offered for sale or sold without being re-enrolled first.
Can’t find the address you are looking for?
Check the ’Search hints’ in the registry search box above for tips on how to get best results.
If you cannot find the home you are looking for or if you are seeking information on a home registered after July 1999 and before November 19, 2007, please call the HPO toll-free at 1-800-407-7757 for assistance.
IMPORTANT: New homes not found on this registry or by calling the HPO will be treated as potentially non-compliant and may not be sold until approved by the HPO.